Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wash Day/Relaxer Prep/ Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment Review

So today was my last wash day before my relaxer on Wednesday. Here's what I did to prep my hair for it as well as my review of the Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment System.

I started off by pre-pooing with Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil for 30 minutes and shampooed with Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. I decided not to clarify since I did so 3 weeks ago and the Aphogee shampoo is pretty stripping. 

I then sprayed my hair with the Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment  (I poured mine into a spray bottle),  blow dried my hair until the treatment made it hard and I rinsed with warm water. If you don't already know,  this treatment is messy, runny and stinks. Not to mention that I got some in my eye while rinsing it out and it was very unpleasant. I followed it with the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer for 2 minutes, and my hair thanked me for it  by instantly becoming softer. I then proceeded to deep condition for 45 minutes with my L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Cellular Masque.

To help close my cuticles and hold in moisture, I rinsed with cold water and applied Roux Porosity Control Conditioner for 2 minutes (I tried to detangle with it but I realized pretty soon it was a bad idea as it gave me no slip). I rinsed again with cold water, wrapped my hair in a T-shirt and let it soak up the excess water for a few minutes.

Next, I applied my leave ins : A mix of 2 pumps of  Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave In and a squirt of  Giovanni Direct Leave In (because the Giovanni leave in by itself has a pH of 7! Too high for porous hair!), I sealed the moisture in with my beloved CHI Silk Infusion and added 2 pumps of Tresemme Split End Remedy Leave in only on my ends (for added protection) . Afterwards, I detangled and tied the front of my hair with a scarf to make my edges lay flat as I air dried.

When my hair was about 85% dry I blow dried on the lowest setting then flat ironed my roots on a similarly low setting. I did this, not to straighten my hair, but to make it easier for my friend to part it and apply the relaxer on Wednesday (I'm 13 weeks post!). When my hair was completely dry I added a teeny bit of HE Leave in  on my ends and sealed with a few drops of olive oil. Right now my hair feels so soft and moisturized, I can't believe it!  I mean, I just did a hard protein treatment! Aphogee's definitely a keeper. The real test will be how it holds up in the next few days but as of now, I am in love with my hair! However, I don't know which product(s) is (are) responsible because I used a lot of them for the first time. I guess I'll find out in the upcoming weeks.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Update:  The next day my hair stayed moisturized throughout the day! This never happens to me! I chose to moisturize and seal before going to bed, not because I HAD to but because I WANTED to (I'm a bit of a moisture maniac) and as a result my hair was a little greasy. My hair definitely felt different the next day. A lot stronger. I guess the protein finally kicked in. Still, it wasn't unpleasant. I combed my hair a few times and there were no broken hairs on the comb! I'm so happy! Yay for Aphogee!

No comments:

Post a Comment