Sunday, January 22, 2012

Product Review: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner

Price: 8,99$ CND for 250 ml

Why I bought this product: So when I  first started my hair journey (in October 2011)  I have to admit I was really confused. My brain was in information overload. One of my main sources of information was Youtube's Ulovemegz. I remembered seeing her talk  about this deep conditioner and how much she loved it so I went straight to the drugstore and picked it up.

What it claims: Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner combines the restorative power of a deep treatment with the ease of a quick conditioning rinse.
Dramatically improve your hair's softness, smoothness and manageability with this daily conditioner that acts like a deep conditioner. Even extra dry or over-processed hair feels soft and smooth all day after just a single use. Olive, Meadowfoam and Sweet Almond extracts penetrate the hair strand to defy dryness. Just a little of this rich, creamy formula goes a long way to condition, detangle and add shine.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behenyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Sweet Almond Oil (prunus amygdalis dulcis), Olive Fruit Oil (olea europaea), Meadowfoam Seed Oil (limnanthes alba), Glycol Stearate, Ceteth 2, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Mica, Fragrance (Parfum)

What it did: Oh. My. God. The. Dryness. It was absolutely awful. My hair felt like hay!  I shampooed with Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair then I worked the conditioner through my hair, put a plastic cap on and let it sit for about an hour. When I rinsed it out it felt fine, nothing to write home about. I applied my leave-ins and as my hair started air drying I realized the hot mess that it had become! I couldn't believe it! I was actually pretty sad about it because this was the first deep conditioner I ever purchased and my hair reacting to it that way made me feel like I was starting this journey on the wrong foot. I also really wanted to like it because not only is it very affordable but I can also easily get my hands on it. In all fairness, I didn't use it with heat and the Aphogee Shampoo does have proteins in it, which could possibly account for the stiffness. I guess this just goes to prove that products work differently for different people. I managed to use up half of the bottle by adding oils whenever I used it but I ended up giving it to my best friend. Hope it works better for her than it did for me. Would I ever repurchase this? Sadly, no. I can find better ways to spend 9$.

No comments:

Post a Comment