Friday, March 16, 2012

March/April Goals

In order to keep me motivated on this new and improved hair journey of mine I  decided to set a few goals for myself every month. Since we're already halfway through March, I thought I'd give myself til the end of April.

In March/April I need to:

1. Be consistent with the products I use. The glorified product junkie that I am has an entire stash of products just waiting for me to try them out. So, I need to pick a few, use them consistently and resist the urge to try something new every week. This is going to be hard.

2. Baggy my ends at least 2x a week. If you guys remember, baggying was part of the things I wanted to add to my regimen becuase of the great results it gave some ladies. I figured I need all the help I can get with my length retention if I want to be APL by december.


3. Keep my hands out of my hair.
I have a self-diagnosed wicked case of hand in hair syndrome. Throughout the, I will undo my bun for no reason and re-do it. As soon as I get home, I take my hair down and proceed to repeatedly run my fingers through it. This practice is deadly for hair because it will not only cause breakage but overtime it will also result in hair thinning. Finally, I'm very tender-headed, so quite often I end up with headaches and a sore scalp from all that pulling tugging at my hair. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a masochist. But I just can't seem to help it. I don't even notice when I start doing it. I find that keep my hair covered under a scarf or a bonnet keeps me from playing with it so that's just what I'll do.

4. Cover my head every night. I have been known to go to bed without a scarf or a bonnet because I was too tired to look for it or just plain lazy. The result is always the same: dried-out hair. I have to work on that.

5. Start learning how to rollerset my hair. Now that I'm texlaxing my hair, roller setting is definitely going to come in handy to create a smooth look, specially deep in a stretch, when I'll be dealing with three textures. Not to mention that staring at Jeni's (JustGrowAlready) gorgeous roller sets really motivated me.

I'll check in with you guys  at the end of April!



1 comment:

  1. Heyyy! You haven't post anything for a while. Are you still on a healthy hair journey? I'm from Montreal too & super excited I finally found someone from my city who's also relaxed & wants their hair to grow lol!

    ReplyDelete